Saturday, February 18, 2012

Exploring Valentine's Day and Emotions- Book and Transition

As we wrapped up our discussion of Valentine's Day and Emotions (which, of course, I didn't get to everything I wanted to), I ended with another book we have read for a long time, Hugs and Kisses by Christophe Loupy and Eve Tharlet. This book is about a dog named Hugs who gets kisses from various farm animals who love him like a horse, a duck, and a butterfly. All of the pages are textured, and use description to tell how the kisses are different from his mother's kiss.

All of the texture and description lead us perfectly into next week, when we will begin discussing the five senses! I have been doing a lot of prep work, and I will dedicate my next blog post to the planning behind a cohesive group of activities around a theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment